buy on amazon read an excerpt

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Book-A-Week Challenge Interview with Denise Robbins

Denise Robbins, author of IT HAPPENS IN THREES interviewed Carmen Shirkey for her Book-A-Week Challenge. Read the full review

Excerpt:

Book-A-Week Challenge Interview is with Carmen Shirkey, author of "The List"


First, let me congratulate Carmen on being named the winner in the Romance category of the 2009 Indie Book Awards for "The List"! Woot!


And thank you for participating in our Book-A-Week Challenge and participating in the interview.


Post your comments and questions to Carmen and On with the Interview:



What motivated you to write this book? Your first book.

I’ve enjoyed the written word most of my life. Thank goodness for the verbal section on the SAT, or my University of Virginia dream would’ve been shattered. J So I always have ideas – for songs, for books, ect. I actually asked a screenwriter friend of mine if she’d be interested in THE LIST for a movie script. She told me that it was too happy for her (she likes to kill characters) so that I should write it myself. So I did – with the motivation of National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo.org) in November. I wrote it in one month, and spent the next three years editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment